Members are compensated $150 per day for each day's attendance at meetings of the Board of Directors and other meetings attended at the request of the Board. Compensation for any type of service cannot exceed 10 days in any calendar month.
|Job Title||Base Salary*|
|Assistant General Manager||$145,891 - $196,227|
|Engineering Manager||$126,027 - $169,499|
|Finance Manager||$126,027 - $169,499|
|Human Resources Manager||$126,027 - $169,499|
|IT Manager||$126,027 - $169,499|
|Operations Manager||$138,944 - $186,867|
*The base salary listed for the General Manager is from the current contract. Amounts listed for the base salary of the department managers were taken from the Salary Schedule contained in the Employee Compensation Letter and Pay Plan for Management Employees for FY 2017/18.
- Budgeted Positions for FY18
- General Manager's Contract
- General Manager's Classification and Salary
- Management Employees Compensation Letter
- Management Employees Classifications and Pay Plan
- Professional and Confidential Employees Compensation Letter
- Professional and Confidential Employees Classifications and Pay Plan
- YLWD Employees Association Memorandum of Understanding
- YLWD Employees Association Classifications and Pay Plan
- Job Descriptions and Salary Schedules
- CA State Controller Government Compensation Reports
Employer-paid benefits for management employees include 40 hours of paid management leave, auto allowance (unless provided with a District vehicle), insurance (health, dental, vision, life, AD&D and LTD), EAP, and PERS. Management and some Professional and Confidential employees are not paid overtime.
The District pays the current premium amount for employees and 2/3 of the premium amount for eligible dependents for health, dental, and vision coverage. The District’s cost for medical, dental, and vision coverage ranges from $561.51 to $1,740.11 per employee, per month (depending on dependent coverage). The District also provides Group Life and AD&D insurance in the amount of one times the employee’s basic annual salary. The District’s cost for Group Life/AD&D coverage is $0.17 per $1,000 of coverage. The District provides Short Term Disability for its employees at a cost of $0.019 per weekly benefit. The District also provides Long Term Disability for its employees at a cost of $0.31 per $100 of coverage. Employees are covered by an employee assistance program (EAP) at a cost of $2.25 per employee, per month. Board members are not eligible for STD, LTD, or EAP coverage.
The District pays the current premium amounts for any employee who retires from the District for health, dental, and vision insurance and 2/3 of the premium amount for eligible dependents. This benefit accrues at a rate of 1 year for each 3 years of service to the District. To be eligible for this benefit, the employee must be at least 50 years of age, have 5 years of service with the District, and must retire from the District while in good standing. Effective December 8, 2011, new employees of the District are not entitled to retiree health benefits.
Employees of Yorba Linda Water District participate in CalPERS retirement. Effective July 1, 2014, District Employees pay 100% of the statutory CalPERS contributions (7% of gross wages).
Vacation days for all full-time employees (including management) are accrued at the following rates:
- Up to 5 years of service – 3.077 hours per pay period (80 hours per year)
- 5 but less than 10 years of service - 4.615 hours per pay period (120 hours per year)
- 10 but less than 15 years of service – 5.384 hours per pay period (140 hours per year)
- 15 but less than 20 years of service -- 6.153 hours per pay period (160 hours per year)
- 20+ years of service – 6.922 hours per pay period (180 hours per year)
The District does not provide any of its Directors or employees with loans.