The current Sewer Maintenance Charge, adopted by Resolution Nos. 17-19 is as follows:
The District collects the Sewer Maintenance Charge by adding it to the water bill of customers where the District provides water service and the customer also has a sewer connection.
- Individually metered $6.94 per month
- Master metered $6.52 month per unit
Note: “Locke Ranch” customers do not receive water service or a bill from the District. The California Health and Safety Code authorizes the District to levy a sewer maintenance charge outside of its political boundary and authorizes the County of Orange Auditor/Controller to collect the charge on the property tax roll.
Note: All single family homes with sewers previously administered by the City of Yorba Linda are charged $6.94 per month on the water bill. The District collects the multi-family Sewer Maintenance Charge in the same manner that the City of Yorba Linda did previously - on the property tax roll.
Commercial-Industrial and Public Schools
For District sewer customers in this category, the rate is as follows:
- § First 700 cubic feet per month of water consumption per month at $6.94 per month. All water consumption in excess of 701 cubic feet per month: $4.40 per 1,000 cu. ft. ($0.44 per unit > 7 units)
- § Alternatively, for customers who have a sewer meter or who can demonstrate to the District’s satisfaction that 100% of the water meter reading ends up in the District’s sewer system, the rate is as follows:
First 1,100 cubic feet per month at $6.94 per month. All metered use in excess of 1,100 cubic feet per month at $5.06 per 1,000 cu. ft.
- § Commodity Rate of $0.176/HCF (based on 90% of the previous calendar year’s usage)
- § Fixed Charge based on meter size as follows:
Meter Size Annual Rate
5/8” $ 19.45
3/4" $ 19.45
1” $ 32.49
1 1/2" $ 64.78
2” $ 103.69
3” $ 270.77
4” $ 484.69
6” $ 907.95
Note: The District collects the commercial Sewer Maintenance Charge in the same manner that the City of Yorba Linda did previously - on the property tax roll.